Insurance quotes online
What Information Will I Need?
How to Get Car Insurance Quotes Online
- Your driver’s license
- Vehicle registration
- Any documentation from your current auto insurance (if you have any)
- Your Driving Record – A safe driving record can help reduce the cost of your auto insurance. If you have moving violations or accidents, you may pay more for your auto insurance.
- How Much You Drive – The more time you spend on the road, the more likely it is that you’ll be involved in an auto accident. Drivers who have longer work commutes or who spend more time on the road can expect to pay more for auto insurance.
- Coverage History – Insurance companies like to see continuous auto insurance coverage. It shows you are a responsible driver. If there have been major or frequent lapses in your auto insurance coverage, you may pay more for your auto insurance.
- The Vehicle You Drive – Typically, safer and more modestly priced vehicles cost less to insure. Expensive vehicles require more expensive repairs and may cost more to insure. Likewise, vehicles that don’t perform well in safety tests can cost more to insure.
- Where You Live – Your neighborhood’s population density can affect the cost of your auto insurance. More drivers in your area can increase the likelihood of an auto accident and the cost of your insurance.
Ways to Save Money on Auto Insurance Quotes
- Bundle Insurance – Insurance companies often offer discounts to customers who bundle multiple coverages together. For example, you receive a discount if you buy both your home and auto insurance from the same company.
- Pay in Full – Most insurance companies offer monthly or annual payments. Some insurance companies will offer discounts to customers who pay in full.
- Antitheft Device – Adding or buying a car with antitheft devices, such as alarms and vehicle locators, can help lower your premiums.
- Defensive Driving Courses – Even experienced drivers can benefit from a defensive driving course. Some insurance companies will offer you an auto insurance discount if you send them your defensive driving course completion certificate from an approved program. This discount may be good for several years.
- Vehicle Fuel Type – You may be eligible for a discount if you drive a hybrid or electric vehicle.
- Driver Training – A discount may be available on your children’s auto insurance if they pass an approved driver training class
What is Included in an Online Car Insurance Quote?
- Collision Coverage – Helps cover the cost of repairs to your car if you collide with another vehicle or object. For example, if you back up and accidentally hit a high curb and damage your rear bumper, this coverage could help pay for the repairs.
- Other Than Collision Coverage – Also known as Comprehensive coverage, helps to cover the cost to repair your car if it is dented by hail, vandalized or if your car is stolen.
- Full Glass Coverage – Helps cover the cost to replace a broken windshield or other safety glass on your car. There is no deductible for this coverage. Whereas collision and non-collision coverages may cover the cost of broken glass, typically you will have to first pay a deductible.
- Car Insurance Medical Payments – Helps cover your or your family’s medical bills that result from a car accident. If you have a high deductible healthcare plan, you may want to purchase increased limits to help ensure you’re able to cover your deductible.
- Property Damage Liability – Helps cover the cost of damage you do to another person’s property with your vehicle. This can include damage to another person’s vehicle, but also property such as fences and mailboxes.
- Towing Coverage – Helps pay the cost of towing and labor if your car breaks down while you are driving and it needs it to be towed to a service station or if your car gets stuck in the snow. It does not cover the cost of repairs.
- Uninsured-Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury – Helps cover the costs of medical bills if you or your passengers are injured by an uninsured or underinsured motorist.
- Uninsured-Underinsured Motorist Property Damage – Helps to cover the costs if your property is damaged by an uninsured or underinsured motorist. For example, you may have an older car for your child to drive with just liability coverage. If the car is hit by an uninsured motorist, Uninsured-Underinsured Motorist Property Damage insurance could help cover the damage to your car.
- Personal Injury Protections (PIP) – Helps pay for damages associated with injuries related to car accidents, even if you are responsible for the accident. PIP coverage is not available in all states.
- Rental Car Expense – Helps cover the cost of a rental vehicle if your car inoperable due to a covered loss.
- Personal Umbrella Insurance – Extends the limits of your liability insurance. For example, you’re found at fault for an accident. The other party makes a $750,000 claim against you. Your auto insurance only covers you for up to $500,000. Personal Umbrella Insurance can help cover the payments over the limits of your auto insurance.
How Do I Get a Car Insurance Quote Online?
Does My Car Insurance Quote Include My RV?
- Avoid monster bills by comparing a whole host of policies and insurers
- Don’t roll over — auto-renewing can send your premium skyrocketing, and comparing can bring it back down to earth
- Balance the price and policy to find the right insurance for you
Insurers want extra money from your pay packet, and usually, they get what they want.
Seriously — take a look at your latest bill. Now look at the same one from a year ago. Are you paying more?
If the answer is ‘yes’, you may well wonder why.
Your insurer grows its stash of cash by automatically renewing your policy every year and charging you more for the pleasure. Sometimes the price hikes creep up on you, and other times it’s an in-your-face monster, devouring your hard-earned savings in one big gobble.
Chances are you’re here because you’ve noticed your premium change for the worst. You did the right thing — let’s get started.
Dare to compare
Auto-renewal is lauded as ‘hassle-free’ — no thinking, or bother required, and astonishingly that’s a justification for loading on pounds, low-key.
Shoppers — rise up! There’s no need to roll over and accept a hiked premium, or overpay for insurance, ever.
Huge insurance savings are ripe for the picking, but only those who dare to compare, win.
Price versus policy
It’s not all about the money, money, money — you may also find that you get a policy that rocks your world and ticks the boxes, at a price you’re comfortable with.
GoCompare built its name and reputation on its ground-breaking insurance comparison service, and this remains at the heart of everything we do.
We were the first comparison site to focus on showing you the features of insurance policies as well as the price, and as we’ve developed our services the aim continues to be to find you the right product at the right price.
To help make your choices fair and simple, we’ve introduced features such as Defaqto product ratings — star-gradings of policies from an independent financial research company which is recognised and respected throughout the insurance world.
- The costs of auto-renewal
- Avoid doubling up on cover
- Declarations and non-disclosure
- We’ll give you the information you need, completely unbiased.
- We’ll help you find the right products — less time, less hassle.
- We’ll never sell your data. Ever.
We’re the only price comparison site that has British Insurance Brokers’ Association (BIBA) membership, a fact that helps us keep up with the latest in best practice, and we’re authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
GoCompare has got you covered
We’re best known for car and vehicle cover, but there’s so much more to us than that.
If you need property, life, health, income, pets, business and travel insurance, we’re your go-to.
Get quotes for this and more, plus read product guides and articles, watch videos, or take time to tot-up your costs with calculators and myth-bust your finances with quizzes to help answer all your questions.
Or, just chat to our customer service team (they promise not to sing… unless you want them to!)
So, don’t let your insurer trap you for two, three, four or more years with an increasingly demanding bill. Kick auto-renewal to the kerb and find an insurance policy that’s fairer on your bank account.