Founded by Giovanni Pascarella in 1984, Giovanni Auto Body has been serving Branford, Connecticut and the surrounding shoreline area for over 30 years. Currently managed by Mark Casagrande, Giovanni Auto Body continues to serve the community in complete auto body repairs and towing. Whether it's just a small dent, scratch or extensive damage from a major accident, we do it all! Here at Giovanni Auto Body, we are constantly training our technicians and updating our equipment to ensure that we're providing the highest quality and most efficient repair possible. We offer complete auto body repair on all types of vehicles with a lifetime warranty gauranteed. Stop by today for a free estimate to see what our commitment to quality is all about.
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Patient Service Associate serves to coordinate patient care and physician activity by greeting all patients/visitors, answering telephone calls, scheduling appointments, maintaining patient medical records. The position requires an individual with knowledge of front desk medical office operations. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintain appointment schedule template (alterations, deletions, additions).
1.1 Responsible for communicating schedule changes to the appropriate staff members and physicians/providers.
2. Coordinate the ongoing operation of the check-in process and front desk to ensure that quality services provided are cost effective and efficient.
2.1 Receive patient at arrival and verify and obtain all necessary information and signatures in accordance with NEMG policies and procedures
3. Answer telephone calls to office, assists callers in a pleasant manner, takes accurate and complete messages and refer callers to appropriate personnel when necessary.
3.1 Maintain proper telephone etiquette when speaking with patients/companies and healthcare team.
4. When necessary, executes all necessary pre-authorizations as required by insurance companies for upcoming diagnostic tests and procedures.
4.1 Track referrals coming into the practice.
5. Maintain electronic medical records and/or paper medical charts in accordance with NEMG policies and procedures.
6. Responsible for daily activities including but not limited to message retrieval from answering service, voicemail, retrieval and distribution of faxes, filing, photocopying, opening and sorting mail.
6.1 Forwards phones to answering service and notifies answering service about the physicians on-call status.
7. Collect and reconcile co-pay collections/cash drawers (cash, checks, credit card payments) within Epic in accordance with NEMG policy and procedures.
8. Collaborate in the development of and contributes to individual team, and department quality improvement and evaluation activities.
8.1 Attend and actively participate in staff meetings
9. Utilize appropriate methods for interacting effectively and professionally with persons of all ages and from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, educational, racial and ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientations, lifestyles and physical abilities.
9.1 Coordinate efforts to gain patient and family feedback regarding their experiences of healthcare (focus groups, surveys and other means) and participate in interventions which address articulated needs.
10. Performs all other related/additional tasks as requested by physicians and/or management.
10.1 Provide cross coverage as needed
High School degree or equivalent required.
Minimum of 1-2 years applicable work experience in a primary care or specialist office or hospital setting required.
Excellent, organizational, communication, customer service and teamwork skills required.
Ability to multi-task is essential.
EMR experience preferred and working knowledge of Microsoft office applications required.
Core philosophy or values consistent with a patient-centered approach to care.
Demonstrates professional, appropriate, effective and tactful written, verbal and nonverbal communication with patients, families, medical staff, colleagues, vendors, and other departments throughout the continuum of care to promote continuity of care and services and enhance clinical image.
MMR is required. Varivax (chicken pox vaccine) or evidence of prior chicken pox is required. Hepatitis B (or signed declination) is required for those with potential exposure to blood/body fluids.
Tdap and influenza vaccination are strongly encouraged.
At Northeast Medical Group (a member of Yale New Haven Health System), you will find the comprehensive resources and unwavering support of a world-class healthcare organization at your fingertipsâ€”ensuring that you have the generous compensation, extensive benefits and dynamic growth opportunities to build a career for life.
Plans and Programs
Comprehensive Medical Plans
Prescription Drug Coverage
Vision Care Plan
Flexible Spending Accounts
Voluntary Programs (Home, Auto and Pet Insurance)
Employee and Family Resources Program
Retirement and Security
Matching Tax-Sheltered Annuity 403(b) Plan
Cash Account Pension Plan (CAPP)
Paid Time Off
Short- and Long-Term Disability
Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Absences
Giovanni Pascarella of Branford died at Yale New Haven Hospital on Friday September 25, 2015. He was the husband of Lori Longo Pascarella of Branford. He was the father of Raffaella Pascarella of Boston, Carmine Pascarella of Milford, and GianMarco Pascarella of Branford. He was the brother of Vincent Pascarella (wife Palma) and Rosaria Pascarella, both of Branford and Giuseppina Pascarella and Domenico Pascarella, both of Italy. He is also survived by his mother in law Maria Luisa Longo of Waterbury and sister in law Rossana Barrett (husband Jim) of Naugatuck. He was also survived by many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his brothers Luigi and Angelo Pascarella.
Giovanni was born in Italy on June 24, 1947, a son of the late Carmine and Raffaella Pascarella. He owned and operated Giovanni's Auto Body in Branford for more than 30 years. He was very devoted to his family and his work.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held on Tuesday at 10:00 at St. Mary Church in Branford. Burial will follow in St. Agnes Cemetery in Branford. Friends may call Monday from 4-8 P.M. at the W.S. Clancy Memorial Funeral Home, 244 North Main St. Branford. Memorial donations m