Свежие комментарии

    Legal aid solicitors

    Legal aid performs a crucial role in providing fair and equal access to justice to those most at risk of being excluded from our legal system.
    If you need help with paying for legal advice, you may be able to get legal aid.
    Where do I find a legal aid solicitor?
    You can search for firms who provide legal aid on our Find a Solicitor website (use ‘quick search’ to choose your legal issue and enter your location. Then click on ‘more options’ and select the option ‘Accepts legal aid’).
    You can also search for a legal adviser or family mediator with a legal aid contract in England and Wales on the government website.
    Cases where you can get legal aid
    eg being arrested, charged or questioned by the police
    Civil issues:
    family mediation to resolve disputes about children and finance on a relationship breakdown
    social services being involved with your children
    injunctions against a violent or abusive partner or family member
    other family problems if you or your child have suffered or are at risk of violence or abuse
    forced marriages
    if your child has been or is about to be taken out of the country without your consent
    some High Court proceedings about the welfare of your child
    if you have been served with proceedings under the Hague Convention
    possession proceedings and eviction — including counterclaims for disrepair
    unlawful eviction
    homelessness including asylum support for accommodation
    anti-social behaviour cases
    harassment injunctions
    serious disrepair
    Asylum and immigration:
    asylum applications
    applying for indefinite leave to remain after relationship breakdown due to domestic violence or an EU citizenship applying to stay after domestic violence
    applying to stay as a victim of trafficking
    proceedings before the Special Immigration Appeals Commission (SIAC)
    Terrorism Prevention and Investigation Measures(TPIM) notices
    applications for asylum support (if you have applied for housing and financial support)
    if you might lose your home because of mortgage arrears
    if a creditor is taking you to court to sell your home
    if a creditor is making you bankrupt
    Welfare benefits and council tax reduction:
    only for appeals to the Upper Tribunal, High Court, Court of Appeal or Supreme Court
    Mental health/mental capacity:
    for representation at the mental health tribunals if you are detained in hospital
    advice if you have been sectioned, Court of Protection cases and appeals against deprivation of liberty safeguards (DoLS)
    if you disagree with a special educational needs decision about your child
    if you have been unlawfully discriminated against
    Community care:
    if you need help or services from the local authority and/or the NHS because of illness, disability or mental capacity (including Court of Protection cases)
    disputes about the quality of care in residential, nursing homes and hospitals, and abuse/neglect issues
    Other cases:
    children with brain (neurological) injuries resulting in severe disability, which arises during pregnancy, childbirth or up to eight weeks’ postnatal (not all injuries are covered)
    assistance at inquests (strict criteria apply)
    protection from harassment
    advice on disabled facilities grants, on civil claims re abuse and sexual assault allegations, confiscation proceedings, gang-related violence, nuisance caused by environmental pollution and cross-border disputes
    an appeal against a decision stopping you from working with children and vulnerable adults
    exceptional case funding is available in some cases for human rights issues