Car insurance quotes online
Your time is important, and we’ll try to get you through the quote process as quickly as possible. In many cases we can fill your vehicle information in automatically based on public records, but to make things easier, it’s best if you have the following information nearby:
- Your current policy (if you have one) – this is helpful as a reference so you know what coverages you currently have
- Driving record information from the last five years (including accidents, violations and claims) for all drivers you’d like included on your policy
- Driver’s license number(s)
- Your car’s make, model and year, as well as its Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- The odometer reading for each car you’d like an insurance quote for
- The location where your vehicles are typically parked
When you request an auto insurance quote online, there are three major factors when your rate is calculated:
- Your Vehicle: The more expensive a car is to repair or replace, the more it costs to insure. Your vehicle’s safety features can help lower your auto insurance quote, as can how often you drive the car and what type of driving it’s used for (business or personal).
- Your Address: Where you live and park your vehicle will affect your auto insurance quote.
- Your Driving Record: Having fewer incidents such as accidents, moving violations or claims in your driving record will help lower your rate.
If you already have a car insurance policy and are comparing new car insurance quotes to determine what is best for you, make sure that you are comparing similar coverage, limits and deductible amounts. In most cases Liberty Mutual can provide multiple car insurance quotes, any of which can be customized to meet your car insurance needs.
What is car insurance?
Car insurance protects you against financial loss for damages resulting from car accidents, theft, weather events and other unforeseen costs according to your policy type. A car insurance policy helps pay for the cost of damage to cars, property, and even people.
What does car insurance cover?
It can cover you if you cause personal injury in an accident or if you damage property or another vehicle. If you opt for a higher level of coverage, you may also be covered for the repair or replacement costs of your vehicle as a result of collisions, fire, theft, and weather events. Most policies will vary in coverage (and price), which is why it’s important to review your options carefully.
Get an Auto Quote — It’s Fast and Easy
Choosing the right auto insurance can be tough. We make it easier with a fast online quote that helps you get auto insurance discounts as you go. You can compare options and customize coverage to fit your needs. After you choose us, we’re there anytime, anywhere you need us. Get your auto insurance quote now.
Why do you need Car Insurance?
Car Insurance covers you if:
Your vehicle injures another person or damages their property
You are responsible for an accident
Your vehicle is destroyed or stolen
Accidents, vehicle theft and breakdowns can happen when you least expect it. How would you afford the costs of replacing or repairing your car, or pay for the damage to someone else’s vehicle? A Car Insurance policy could assist with paying these costs. Hippo.co.za compares a range of insurance providers in South Africa that offer coverage tailored to your specific needs.