Avoid the financial pain that comes with an accident.
We all know how devastating the physical and emotional toll of an auto accident can be. Yet the financial impact can also be significant, especially when it comes to your automobile, perhaps one of your most treasured – and vulnerable – assets. Even the safest of drivers today face the risk of an accident, with the rise of factors such as distracted driving.
OMA Insurance has teamed up with The Personal Insurance Company to bring you Auto Insurance with the features, benefits, and preferred rates to provide the coverage you need and substantial ways to save. Enjoy the peace of mind of knowing that if problems arise – from collisions to theft to liability – you’ll be protected from the financial hit.
For more information on auto insurance coverage, please visit The Personal Insurance website.
Your car is personal. Its coverage should be, too.
Since OMA Insurance works exclusively with physicians, our Auto Insurance features a variety of solutions to suit you. Our coverage includes cars, light trucks, vans, motorcycles and recreational vehicles. Enjoy a wide range of benefits, such as:
Multi-Vehicle Discount: Enjoy substantial savings when you insure more than one vehicle through OMA Insurance.
Accident-Free Protection: With this optional coverage, your car insurance premium won’t increase as a result of your first at-fault accident.
$0 Deductible Option: Pay no deductible when making a claim, even if you’re at fault.
Loyalty Savings: Make the switch to OMA Insurance and you could be eligible for additional savings of up to 15%.
Winter Tire Discount: Save up to 5% on your premium all year when you drive with four winter tires during the winter months.
Hybrid Vehicle Discount: Save on your premium while helping to take care of the environment.
Student Rates: Additional savings may be available for college or university students under the age of 25.
Multi-Line Discount: Insure your car and home with OMA Insurance and save even more.
Ajusto® – Usage-based Insurance Program: Drive safe and save up to 25% using the Ajusto app.
Ajusto is a usage-based insurance program that you can enjoy on your smartphone to help you monitor and improve your driving habits. The app will provide you your driving score that will determine your savings on your auto insurance premium at renewal. Using Ajusto never results in a rate increase or penalty. Everyone wins with enhanced safety and savings!
Auto insurance is a contract between the policyholder and the insurance company. The policyholder agrees to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay losses as defined in the policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to, or theft of, the car.
- Liability coverage pays for the policyholder’s legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
Most states require drivers to have auto liability insurance before they can legally drive a car. (Liability insurance pays the other driver’s medical, car repair and other costs when the policyholder is at fault in an auto accident.) All states have laws that set the minimum amounts of insurance or other financial security drivers have to pay for the harm caused by their negligence behind the wheel if an accident occurs. Most auto policies are for six months to a year. A basic auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage, each of which is priced separately (see below).
Bodily Injury Liability
This coverage applies to injuries that the policyholder and family members listed on the policy cause to someone else. These individuals are also covered when driving other peoples’ cars with permission. As motorists in serious accidents may be sued for large amounts, drivers can opt to buy more than the state-required minimum to protect personal assets such as homes and savings.
Medical Payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
This coverage pays for the treatment of injuries to the driver and passengers of the policyholder’s car. At its broadest, PIP can cover medical payments, lost wages and the cost of replacing services normally performed by someone injured in an auto accident. It may also cover funeral costs.
Property Damage Liability
This coverage pays for damage policyholders (or someone driving the car with their permission) may cause to someone else’s property. Usually, this means damage to someone else’s car, but it also includes damage to lamp posts, telephone poles, fences, buildings or other structures hit in an accident.
This coverage pays for damage to the policyholder’s car resulting from a collision with another car, object or as a result of flipping over. It also covers damage caused by potholes. Collision coverage is generally sold with a deductible of $250 to $1,000—the higher the deductible, the lower the premium. Even if policyholders are at fault for an accident, collision coverage will reimburse them for the costs of repairing the car, minus the deductible. If the policyholder is not at fault, the insurance company may try to recover the amount it paid from the other driver’s insurance company. If the company is successful, policyholders will also be reimbursed for the deductible.
This coverage reimburses for loss due to theft or damage caused by something other than a collision with another car or object, such as fire, falling objects, missiles, explosions, earthquakes, windstorms, hail, flood, vandalism and riots, or contact with animals such as birds or deer. Comprehensive insurance is usually sold with a $100 to $300 deductible, though policyholders may opt for a higher deductible as a way of lowering their premium. Comprehensive insurance may also reimburse the policyholder if a windshield is cracked or shattered. Some companies offer separate glass coverage with or without a deductible. States do not require the purchase of collision or comprehensive coverage, but lenders may insist borrowers carry it until a car loan is paid off.
Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage
Uninsured motorist coverage will reimburse the policyholder, a member of the family or a designated driver if one of them is hit by an uninsured or a hit-and-run driver. Underinsured motorist coverage comes into play when an at-fault driver has insufficient insurance to pay for the other driver’s total loss. This coverage will also protect a policyholder who is hit while a pedestrian.
Car Insurance Coverages Available
- Third-Party Liability – Covers damage to a third party’s property and bodily injury to a third party.
- Accident Benefits/Loss of Income – The governments of every province require that car owners purchase insurance for their own medical costs and possible loss of income as a result of driving injuries.
- Collision – Covers damage to your car.
- Comprehensive – Protects against fire, theft, vandalism, and other insured perils.
- Loss of Use – This insurance covers the cost of a rental vehicle while your own vehicle is being repaired after an insured loss. Coverage is to the specified limits of your insurance.
- Legal Liability For Non-Owned Automobiles – This coverage option extends the collision portion of your existing auto policy to another vehicle.
- Optional Accident Forgiveness – This is an insurance option usually only available to highly-rated drivers with good driving histories. It generally protects your auto insurance coverage and allows for your first at-fault accident to be forgiven in terms of any rating changes.
- Minor Conviction Rating Waiver – This coverage allows for a minor conviction to be removed from consideration when calculating your insurance premium. Please note that this coverage only pertains to your future car insurance quotes. It does not apply to your government driving record. Not available in all provinces.
- Waiver of Depreciation – Allows for new car replacement when automobile is less than a certain age (e.g. in most cases 24-36 months or newer, but sometimes up to five years) when declared a total loss after an accident.
- Business Use of Vehicle – Ensures you are properly insured if you use your vehicle for business purposes.
Of the coverages offered, only Third-Party Liability and Accident Benefits/Loss of Income are required by law in Canada. In terms of the most recommended car insurance coverage, consumers usually purchase Collision and Comprehensive insurance after requesting their car insurance quote.
The landlocked and mountainous state of Colorado is ideal for a scenic drive for quiet reflection in the presence of nature. Unfortunately, the mountainous conditions can also create hazardous driving conditions that are significantly dangerous during the snowy winter months when the weather can be very unpredictable. Although drivers should be as cautious as possible, sometimes accidents are unavoidable and auto insurance is necessary to help get you back on your feet in case of an unexpected accident. Like most states, Colorado takes many factors into account when it comes to auto insurance plans such as age, gender, zip code, vehicle type, garage availability, and more importantly, personal driving record.
One of the more unique standards the state has is that drivers are not legally obliged to purchase comprehensive and collision coverage. However, some insurance agents require that you purchase it despite the law, so it’s always important to look out for this catch if this insurance options isn’t what you are looking for. Colorado also allows residents to purchase split limit coverage as long as it is at a minimum of $65,000. Knowing these unique requirements will help buyers determine what they need in terms of bare-minimum coverage and what they would prefer. Since the insurance companies in Centennial, Highlands Ranch, and other surrounding areas of Colorado don’t necessarily adhere to the standards of the state, it’s especially important for buyers to double check the availability and requirements of a variety of car insurance companies to find the best one for their needs.
Comparing quotes and rates from various auto insurance companies’ websites is one way to begin your research, but it may not provide the most accurate portrayal of each company. This is because the company has an underlying motive to attract your business and thus, will not likely share information that may put their company in a negative light. With the independent agents that Compass Insurance offers, you can compare car insurance companies from a completely unbiased perspective with the sole intention to inform rather than sell. We detail all of the fundamental aspects and offers of the top carriers in Colorado to help you find the best coverage and best price for your needs.
If you own a vehicle, you have auto insurance needs
What’s not simple is navigating coverage differences, determining deductible amounts, or selecting liability limits. At The Canopy Group, we work with more than 16 partnering companies, each offering a multitude of coverage choices and exceptional auto insurance.
That’s a lot of options. It’s exactly why we take the time to walk our clients through the process and expertly understand their unique auto insurance needs. Our team assures you the best coverage for the best price.
The Whole Package
We’ve got you covered from every angle
If you’re a first time car buyer, you may not have given much thought to home or renters insurance. If you’ve had auto insurance for years, but are looking to buy your first house, home insurance may be completely new to you. If you have one, you should have the other. Here’s why.
When we package your auto and home insurance, you enjoy the multi-line discounts carriers offer and this directly impacts your premium… in the best way! Combining all of your policies with one insurance company can save you time and money.
Desirable Auto Insurance Features
- Rewards Programs – Remember to register for any rewards plans when eligible. Since you have to pay your insurance premiums anyways, receiving Air Miles or other loyalty program incentives is a plus.
- No Fee Payment Plan – Some insurers will offer the option of paying for your insurance premiums monthly or at some other interval without additional cost. Take advantage of this feature if it helps you with budgeting. Pre-approved payments will also help avoid late fees and negative credit ratings if a payment is forgotten.
- Flexibility in Payment Options – If particular payment options are preferred, look for insurers who allow you to pay by credit card, debit, money orders, or cheques.
- Claims Service Guarantee – Insurers like to claim that their claims services are superior to those of their competitors. Some insurers go as far as offering a claims service guarantee to their customers. A quick response to requests for claims help is always one of the most desirable auto insurance features.
- Single Deductible For Losses – This feature is useful when a loss affects both your home and auto policy. If for example your garage collapsed on your car, you would only be obligated to pay one deductible for both the home and auto repairs. This feature is only available when specified in the policy and both home and auto policies are purchased from the same insurer.
- Bonus Services – Legal information services, babysitting, homemaking/nursing, and online referral services are some of the “bonus” services available free of charge to clients of certain insurance companies. Ask your insurance broker for more information if these services are of value to you — often their inclusion will not affect your car insurance quote, if you choose the appropriate insurer.
- Preferred Auto Repair Shops – Having your choice of repair facilities is a desirable feature for many car owners.
More than ever, the most successful auto insurance programs are designed to accommodate a client’s desire for benefits beyond the scope of normal insurance. Make a list of your desirable auto insurance features and ask your broker which insurer can best accommodate them within your car insurance quote.
Maximizing Discounts — A Key To Cheap Auto Insurance Rates
Consumers on the lookout for a cheap car insurance quote should remember that insurers offer auto insurance discounts for specific coverage characteristics that they feel will lessen risk. These discounts are not offered universally by all insurers, nor are identical discount rates provided from insurer-to-insurer. As this is the case, you are best served by working with an experienced broker who can find you the best car insurance quote available that incorporates all of the premium discounts that you are eligible for. Auto insurance discounts are usually what constitute the difference between cheap car insurance and the cheapest car insurance. Common discounts available from insurers include, but are not limited to:
- Anti-Theft Device Discount – Having a functioning anti-theft device installed in your vehicle not only helps deter would-be thieves, but also helps to reduce your car insurance quote.
- Loyalty Discount – Insurers often reward clients who continue to purchase insurance from them year-after-year. The discount will vary as will the threshold for qualifying for the discount.
- Group Program Discount – Employees of certain companies and members of some associations are eligible for preferred group rates for auto and residential insurance. Call your PCS broker to see if your organization currently participates. Have an organization with more than 250 full-time employees or members? Ask about a group program for your company. A cheap car insurance quote usually comes from preferred group rates.
- Experienced Driver Discount – Insurers often allow a discount for drivers with a certain number of years of driving experience.
- Mature Driver Discount – To qualify for this discount, you need to reach a certain age. It varies by insurer, so make sure your broker checks which insurer recognizes you as eligible for this discount and a cheap car insurance quote.
- Multivehicle Discount – Insure more than one vehicle to qualify for this discount and cheaper car insurance quote.
- Short Commute Discount – Commuting shorter distances generally correlates to less risk as you are physically driving less. Insurers can therefore afford to offer a discount for this behaviour.
- Multi-Policy Discount – This is generally one of the best discounts offered. Insure your home and auto with the same insurer and substantial discounts will be available on each policy. Some insurers will even offer this type of discount in good faith if your expiry dates for home and auto insurance don’t match and you agree to move coverage later in the year.
- Conviction Free Discount – Good driving behaviour (and consequently a good driving record) is rewarded by insurers with cheap insurance.
- Winter Tire Discount – Use this discount to help offset the cost of purchasing and installing your winter tires. You can drive safer and get cheap car insurance rates at the same time.
- Monitored Driving Discount – Some insurers offer an additional discount for allowing them to monitor your driving for a set period of time. In some cases, this monitoring can be accomplished with little effort involved through a smartphone app.
Over time, your situation may change and you may become eligible for discounts that you did not previously have access to. Obtaining a cheap car insurance quote means having your broker review your insurance coverage regularly to apply any new auto insurance discounts you may be entitled to.